The Team Lead Batching is responsible for ensuring an efficient production process and structure in the Batching division, taking into account costs, time, quality and the strategic orientation of the division, for optimum, sustainable organization of the subdivision.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan personnel, material and financial resources, adhering to the approved budget and introducing suitable measures to counteract potential and actual deviations in consultation with the line manager.
- Continuously standardize and optimize processes and organizational structures and initiate corresponding measures.
- Define, implement and ensure an optimum exchange of information within the division and with the interfaces.
- Implement and ensure efficient and effective processes in the company's internal IT systems and their documentation.
- Gather multiple ingredients according to the daily production plan for mixing and batching; remove ingredients from inventory using SAP.
- Read PI Sheets/Batch sheets and mix ingredients accordingly.
- Assemble pumps and transfer lines as needed.
- Document the work steps in appropriate systems.
- Assist in writing/updating SOPs.
- Assist in training new Batchers on equipment, procedures and safety.
- Implement the internal and legal specifications and guidelines concerning hygiene, HACCP, food and work safety and environmental protection.
- Keep Manager informed on issues or immediate needs that may impact the department.
- Adhere to GMPs within appropriate zones.
- Interact with and inputs data into SAP.
- Complete CIP/COP on production equipment.
- Perform LOTO procedures when needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience in a manufacturing / production environment
- Compounding/mixing experience
- Working knowledge of food & beverage production or related processes
- Must be able to read and follow a production schedule
- Must be proficient in the use of equipment such as flow meters, scales, steam lines, chart recorders, agitators, pumps, valves, and batch tanks
- Forklift experience
- SAP experience
The employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days can vary depending on production schedule.
Döhler USA, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Döhler USA, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.