"As Needed" Part-Time Test Proctor Douglasville Instructional Site
Georgia Highlands College
|Job Description Summary
Incumbent will proctor various standardized and institutional tests. The employee will work on an “As Needed” basis, as scheduled by Testing Services staff.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
*High school diploma or GED required
*Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Prepares room for test administrations (i.e. setting up computer lab), verifies student identity at check in, and monitors students during testing.
- Maintains test security and a professional environment during test sessions.
- Assists students with general questions and concerns during test sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be available “As Needed” to work varied hours which may include day, evening and/or occasional Saturday hours.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, rules and regulations of standardized and institutional testing guidelines (i.e. ACT, BOR, individual eLearning Course tests).
- Good basic computer skills (most tests are via computer).
- Communication skills.
- Customer service skills and ability to work with a diverse population.
- Familiarity with D2L, GoView, Acuplacer, and other computer-based test delivery systems is preferred.
- Ability to proctor sessions alone or as part of a proctoring team as test sessions warrant.
|Special Instructions to Applicants
- Must be able to pass background check.
- Must have access to a Motor Vehicle.
- May need to travel between campuses and work varied hours, including evenings and Saturdays.